If you possess skills in maintaining and organizing homes or institutions such as schools, hotels, and banks, and you aspire to relocate to live and work in the United States, then this job opportunity is worth considering.
Housekeeping roles encompass tasks related to cleaning residences, organizing rooms, and ensuring overall orderliness in homes or institutions. A housekeeper oversees the coordination of house cleaning duties and the team responsible for them.
Upon securing a housekeeping position, your employer may be willing to sponsor your U.S.A visa, facilitating your immigration for residence and employment in the United States of America.
Are you an immigrant searching for cleaning jobs in the USA with visa support? You can make an average hourly wage ranging from $10.10 to $22.18. This corresponds to a monthly income of $1,600 to $3,667 and annual earnings of $23,591 to $51,786, based on recent studies reflecting the current job market.
For cleaners with visa sponsorship in the United States, your experience level plays a significant role in determining your potential earnings. Cleaners with 1-4 years of experience can expect an average annual salary of $27,000-$32,000, while those with 5-9 years of experience may earn over $35,000 per year.
Cities offering the best pay for cleaners with visa sponsorship generally provide even higher salaries, making it a worthwhile consideration for those aiming to boost their income.
Who Is a Cleaner, and What Are Cleaner Responsibilities?
A cleaner is a domestic worker responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and organization of a designated area, which can include homes, offices, hotels, schools, and various other spaces. Cleaners perform tasks such as house cleaning, trash removal, window cleaning, and other specific cleaning duties assigned to them. They receive payment for their services and are expected to focus on the tasks specified for their shift without engaging in additional cleaning work unless instructed.
Cleaning jobs involve individuals being hired to ensure a particular location remains organized and well-maintained. The primary responsibilities of a cleaner include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming floors, dusting furniture, and sanitizing areas like bathrooms and kitchens. These jobs are suitable for those seeking temporary employment, and numerous companies offer visa sponsorship for individuals interested in pursuing cleaning jobs in the USA.
For individuals, especially foreigners, who may not have sufficient resources to pursue further education in the US, securing a cleaning job can serve as an entry point. These jobs can offer a starting point for those looking to build a foundation in the country. Obtaining a cleaning job with visa sponsorship in the USA is relatively accessible, and it can be a viable option for individuals seeking employment opportunities.
If you are interested in exploring cleaning jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship, there are various companies with job vacancies that cater to this need. To find the best opportunities for 2023, you can explore the list of companies offering cleaning jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship.
Here are some visa types that could allow you to work in cleaning jobs in the USA
- Description: The J-1 visa includes an au pair program designed for individuals interested in working as nannies or childcare workers. This program often involves training and background checks.
- Requirements: Applicants typically need to be between 18 to 26 years old, have graduated from secondary school, and be fluent in English.
- Description: The H-2B visa is for unskilled workers and can be used by individuals seeking to immigrate to the USA as childcare providers or in other temporary, non-agricultural positions. Availability is subject to country-specific treaties with the USA.
- Requirements: Check if your country has a treaty with the USA for H-2B eligibility. Your family or employer in the USA needs to petition on your behalf.
- Description: The B-1 visa is for individuals accompanying visitors to the USA. If you are a childcare provider accompanying someone visiting the USA, this visa could be applicable. It is valid for six months and can be extended.
- Requirements: Both the employee and employer need to sign a contract outlining payment and benefits similar to those received by a USA worker.
Before applying for any of these visas, it’s crucial to thoroughly research the specific requirements, eligibility criteria, and application processes associated with each visa type. Additionally, consulting with the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country or seeking legal advice can provide accurate and up-to-date information based on your individual circumstances. Keep in mind that immigration policies and visa types may be subject to change, so staying informed is essential.
Visa-Sponsored Cleaner Jobs in the USA: Salary Expectations by Experience
If you’re considering a career as a cleaner in the USA and require visa sponsorship, understanding the salary expectations based on experience is crucial. This breakdown provides an overview of average salaries for cleaners at different experience levels, along with insights into visa sponsorship requirements.
Entry-Level (0-5 Years of Experience) Cleaner Salary Expectations
As an entry-level cleaner with visa sponsorship in the USA, anticipate earning an average of $10-$12 per hour. Depending on the location and type of cleaning job, entry-level cleaners typically earn around $20,000-$25,000 per year. Some employers may offer additional benefits like health insurance or paid time off, enhancing the overall job value.
Mid-Level (2-5 Years of Experience) Cleaner Salary Expectations
For mid-level cleaners with visa sponsorship in the USA, the average hourly wage ranges from $13-$15. Generally, mid-level cleaners can expect to earn around $26,000-$30,000 per year, depending on factors such as location and job type. With increased experience and skills, some mid-level cleaners may negotiate higher salaries or take on supervisory roles within their company.
Senior-Level (6-10 Years of Experience) Cleaner Salary Expectations
Senior-level cleaners with visa sponsorship in the USA can expect an average hourly wage of $15-$20, translating to an annual income of around $30,000-$40,000. However, these figures vary based on location and job type. Senior-level cleaners, often possessing more experience and skills, may have responsibilities such as supervising other cleaners or managing a team.
Factors That Affect Cleaner Salaries in the USA
Several factors influence cleaner salaries in the USA, including experience level, location, type of cleaning job, and visa sponsorship. Entry-level cleaners with visa sponsorship generally earn $10-$15 per hour, while mid-level cleaners may earn $12-$18 per hour.
Salaries can significantly differ based on location and job type. Cleaners in major cities may earn more than those in rural areas, and those working in commercial or industrial settings may earn more than those in residential settings.
Researching the specific job market in your area is crucial for understanding salary expectations for cleaner positions. If you’re curious about potential earnings as a cleaner in the USA with visa sponsorship, the details above provide a breakdown by experience level.
High-Paying States for Cleaners in the USA with Visa Sponsorship Opportunities
If you’re a cleaner searching for a well-paying job in the USA with visa sponsorship, explore our top 5 states that offer competitive salaries, benefits, and visa opportunities for cleaners.
California stands out as one of the premier states for cleaners, providing attractive salaries and ample visa sponsorship opportunities. Cleaners in California earn an average hourly wage of $14.77, surpassing the national average. Many cleaning companies across the state, especially in cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego, extend visa sponsorship to qualified candidates.
2. New York
New York is another top state for cleaners, offering compelling salary packages and visa sponsorship options. Cleaners in New York earn an average hourly wage of $15.50, exceeding the national average. Numerous cleaning companies in cities like New York City, Buffalo, and Rochester actively provide visa sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Texas emerges as an excellent state for cleaners seeking high-paying jobs with visa sponsorship opportunities. Cleaners in Texas command an average hourly wage of $12.50, surpassing the national average. The state’s thriving economy and diverse population make it a favorable location for cleaners, with cities like Houston, Dallas, and Austin offering abundant job opportunities and visa support.
Florida is a desirable state for cleaners in search of well-paying jobs with visa sponsorship possibilities. Cleaners in Florida earn an average hourly wage of $12.25, exceeding the national average. Many cleaning companies, especially in cities like Miami, Orlando, and Tampa, provide visa sponsorship for qualified candidates. The state’s warm climate and flourishing tourism industry make it an appealing destination for cleaners looking to advance their careers.
Illinois is a great state for cleaners seeking high-paying jobs with visa sponsorship opportunities. Cleaners in Illinois earn an average hourly wage of $13.08, surpassing the national average. Numerous cleaning companies in cities like Chicago and Springfield actively offer visa sponsorship for qualified candidates. With its diverse economy and vibrant cities, Illinois presents a top-notch destination for cleaners looking to enhance their professional journey.
For cleaners aspiring to secure a job in the USA with visa sponsorship, the above list of the highest-paying states is tailored for you. Now, you have insights into where you can maximize your earning potential!
Top Earning Cities for Cleaners with Visa Sponsorship in America
For cleaners aspiring to secure higher salaries, considering a relocation to some of the best-paying cities in the United States could be a smart move. These cities not only offer more substantial wages but also provide increased job opportunities for cleaners, facilitating a more comfortable livelihood.
1. San Francisco, CA
San Francisco is a prime city in the USA for cleaners seeking well-paying jobs with visa sponsorship. With a cost of living index at 269, cleaners in San Francisco command an average hourly wage of $18.50, surpassing the national average. Many cleaning companies in the city also extend visa sponsorship to qualified candidates, making it an attractive option for international cleaners seeking opportunities in the USA.
2. New York, NY
New York City stands out as one of the top destinations for cleaners looking for high-paying jobs with visa sponsorship. Boasting a cost of living index of 100, cleaners in New York earn an average hourly wage of $16.50, exceeding the national average. Numerous cleaning companies in the city also offer visa sponsorship to qualified candidates, presenting a compelling option for international cleaners.
3. Boston, MA
Boston, MA, is another top city for cleaners seeking well-compensated positions with visa sponsorship. With a cost of living index of 162, cleaners in Boston earn an average hourly wage of $15.50, higher than the national average. Many cleaning companies in Boston extend visa sponsorship to qualified candidates, making it an appealing choice for international cleaners looking to work in the USA.
4. Washington, DC
Cleaners seeking high-paying opportunities should consider Washington, DC, where the average hourly wage is $16.08, significantly surpassing the national average. With a robust economy and a high demand for cleaning services in government buildings and institutions, cleaners in DC can find plentiful job opportunities and a substantial income. However, it’s essential to consider the high cost of living in the city when contemplating a move.
5. Seattle, WA
Seattle, WA, is a desirable option for cleaners aiming for well-paying jobs with visa sponsorship. With a cost of living index of 172, cleaners in Seattle earn an average hourly wage of $17.50, exceeding the national average. Many cleaning companies in Seattle offer visa sponsorship for qualified candidates, making it a popular choice for international cleaners seeking opportunities in the USA.
6. Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA, ranks as a top city in the USA for cleaners pursuing high-paying jobs with visa sponsorship. With a cost of living index of 173, cleaners in Los Angeles earn an average hourly wage of $14.50, surpassing the national average. Numerous cleaning companies in Los Angeles also provide visa sponsorship for qualified candidates, presenting a compelling option for international cleaners.
If you’re a cleaner seeking a job in the USA with visa sponsorship, the mentioned cities offer lucrative prospects. Explore where you can maximize your earning potential!
If you’re looking for cleaning jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship, here are ten opportunities to consider
Cleaning Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
- Responsibilities: Cleaning and maintaining surfaces, including floors, walls, ceilings, and furniture. Vacuuming, sanitizing restrooms, taking out the trash, and cleaning windows.
- Average Salary: Ranges from $29,527 to $38,278 with an average base salary of $33,080.
- Responsibilities: General cleaning duties inside and outside a house, including vacuuming, sweeping, emptying trash, cleaning windows, dusting, and mopping.
- Average Salary: Ranges from $25,480 to $31,657 with an average base salary of $28,144.
- Responsibilities: Cleaning client’s apartments, homes, condos, and residential properties. Tasks include dusting, sweeping, mopping, and washing various surfaces.
- Average Salary: Ranges from $25,500 to $31,700 with an average base salary of $28,200.
- Responsibilities: Cleaning business environments such as offices, schools, factories, and restaurants. Tasks involve dusting, scrubbing, wiping, polishing, and removing trash.
- Average Salary: Ranges from $30,978 to $38,489 with an average base salary of $34,218.
- Responsibilities: Overseeing all aspects of a household, including cooking, laundry, decorations, and landscaping. Managing priorities, solving problems, and supporting staff.
- Average Salary: Ranges from $26,538 to $32,971 with an average base salary of $29,313.
- Responsibilities: Ensuring hotel rooms and areas are clean daily, making beds, replacing towels, vacuuming carpets, and cleaning bathrooms.
- Average Salary: Ranges from $25,718 to $31,971 with an average base salary of $28,406.
- Responsibilities: Cleaning homes on a need-to basis, caring for children and the elderly, taking care of laundry, and other household cleanings.
- Average Salary: Ranges from $25,480 to $31,660 with an average base salary of $28,150.
- Responsibilities: Maintaining and repairing equipment and buildings, ensuring facility systems like plumbing, electricity, heating, and cooling are in working order.
- Average Salary: Ranges from $31,489 to $38,529 with an average base salary of $34,844.
- Responsibilities: Assisting with personal or daily tasks, coordinating schedules, setting up appointments, and managing travel arrangements.
- Average Salary: Ranges from $22,876 to $27,833 with an average base salary of $25,182.
- Responsibilities: Managing traffic flow and ensuring vehicles are parked in designated areas. Preventing unauthorized parking in the facility.
- Average Salary: Ranges from $29,051 to $38,772 with an average base salary of $33,256.
Note: Average salaries are subject to change based on company policies, structures, and economic conditions. Always refer to the latest information provided by the respective companies.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to apply for cleaning jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship
- Open any web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Navigate to the website www.indeed.com.
Create or Sign In to Your Account
- If you already have an account on Indeed, sign in using your username and password.
- If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to create one. Provide the required information and upload your resume.
- Once signed in, use the search bar on the Indeed homepage to look for cleaning jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship.
- You can use keywords like “cleaner,” “janitor,” or “housekeeper” along with location-related terms.
Select Job Preferences
- After searching for cleaning jobs, you can filter the results based on your preferences, such as location, job type, and more.
Apply for Jobs
- Browse through the list of cleaning jobs that match your criteria.
- Click on the job titles to view more details about each position.
- Follow the application instructions provided by each employer.
- Some employers may direct you to their official website, while others may have an application form on Indeed.
Complete the Application Process
- Fill out the required information on the job application, including your personal details, work experience, and qualifications.
- Upload your resume, if required.
Wait for Employer Contact
- After you submit your application, employers will review your information.
- If they find you suitable for the position, they may contact you for further details.
Guidance on Visa Application
- Once contacted by the employer, they will guide you on the type of USA work visa to apply for.
- Follow their instructions and gather the necessary documents for the visa application process.
Check Indeed for Updates
- Keep an eye on your Indeed account for updates on your job applications and any communication from employers.
Stay informed about the progress of your applications and any changes in the visa application process.
If you’re seeking cleaning jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship, here are five companies that are currently hiring and providing opportunities for qualified candidates
- Overview: Jani-King is a commercial cleaning company that serves businesses nationwide.
- Opportunities: They are hiring for various cleaning positions and offer visa sponsorship for qualified candidates.
- Benefits: Jani-King provides training, support, competitive pay, and benefits.
- Overview: Merry Maids specializes in residential cleaning services and operates across the USA.
- Opportunities: They are currently hiring for cleaning positions, with visa sponsorship available for qualified candidates.
- Benefits: Merry Maids offers training, support, competitive pay, and benefits to their employees.
- Overview: The Cleaning Authority is a nationwide cleaning company offering both residential and commercial cleaning services.
- Opportunities: They are actively hiring for cleaning positions, with visa sponsorship available for qualified candidates.
- Benefits: The Cleaning Authority provides training, support, competitive pay, and other benefits.
- Overview: MaidPro is a residential cleaning company with a presence in over 200 locations across the United States.
- Opportunities: They are currently hiring for cleaning positions and offer visa sponsorship for qualified candidates.
- Benefits: MaidPro provides training, support, competitive pay, and benefits to their employees.
- Overview: Molly Maid is a well-established cleaning company with over 35 years of experience in the industry.
- Opportunities: They offer residential cleaning services in over 450 locations and are currently hiring with visa sponsorship available for qualified candidates.
- Benefits: Molly Maid provides comprehensive training, support, competitive pay, and benefits.
If you are interested in pursuing a cleaning job in the USA and require visa sponsorship, these companies offer promising opportunities. Explore their websites or contact them directly to learn more about specific job openings and the application process.
Below are some common interview questions you might encounter when applying for cleaning jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship, along with suggested answers
Are you open to working early-morning shifts, weekends, and late-night?
- Answer: Yes, I am very flexible with my schedule and open to working various shifts. I understand the importance of meeting the cleaning needs at different times to maintain a clean and organized environment.
Tell me about your approach to cleaning metal, wood, and granite.
- Answer: In my experience, I use specific tools and products tailored to each surface. For metal, I typically use non-abrasive cleaners to prevent damage. For wood, I use gentle cleaners to preserve the finish, and for granite, I use specialized cleaners to avoid any potential harm.
How would you approach a situation where a colleague continually spills products that are hard to clean?
- Answer: I would approach the situation by discussing it with my colleague in a constructive and friendly manner. Team communication is crucial, and finding a solution together would help prevent recurring issues.
What will you do if you unexpectedly use too much of a cleaning product?
- Answer: If I realize I’ve used too much product, I would quickly assess the situation and take steps to minimize waste. I would inform my supervisor and work to rectify the situation by adjusting my cleaning approach and ensuring efficient use of resources moving forward.
What will you do if you cannot remove a stain from an item?
- Answer: In such a situation, I would first assess the type of stain and the material it has affected. I would then try alternative cleaning methods or consult with my supervisor to determine the best course of action. Effective communication and a commitment to finding solutions are essential.
How do you resolve a situation if you have a disagreement with a colleague?
- Answer: When disagreements arise, I believe in open communication and active listening. I would express my perspective respectfully, seek common ground, and collaborate with my colleague to find a resolution. Maintaining a positive and cooperative work environment is important to me.
Why are you interested in cleaning jobs?
- Answer: I am interested in cleaning jobs because they provide an opportunity to contribute to creating a clean and organized environment. I find satisfaction in maintaining spaces that are comfortable and welcoming for others.
What are the duties of a cleaner?
- Answer: The duties of a cleaner include room dusting, vacuuming carpets, window cleaning, trash removal, and various other cleaning tasks to ensure a clean and well-maintained environment.
What qualities does a cleaner need to be successful?
- Answer: A successful cleaner should possess qualities such as the ability to work with others, attention to detail, multitasking abilities, strong communication skills, physical strength and stamina, and administrative skills.
What kind of strategies is required for this role?
Answer: Excellent customer service is crucial for this role. Ensuring guests or occupants are satisfied with the cleanliness of the space contributes to a positive reputation in the industry.
What makes you feel you are qualified for this role?
Answer: My previous work experience in cleaning roles, effective communication skills, and my ability to collaborate with others make me well-qualified for this position. I am dedicated to maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
What is your key strength as a cleaner?
Answer: My key strength as a cleaner is my ability to multitask efficiently while remaining organized. This allows me to complete tasks in a timely manner and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
Here are frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to cleaning jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship, along with brief answers
Q: Can I apply for cleaning jobs in the USA if I require visa sponsorship?
- *A: Yes, many cleaning companies in the USA are open to hiring individuals who require visa sponsorship. It’s important to check the job listings and confirm with the employers about their willingness to sponsor a work visa.
Q: What types of visas are suitable for cleaning jobs in the USA?
- *A: Common visa types for cleaning jobs include the J-1 visa, H-2B visa, and B-1 visa. The specific visa depends on factors such as the nature of the job and the employer’s requirements. Always check the eligibility criteria for each visa type.
Q: What are the key qualities employers look for in a cleaner?
- *A: Employers typically seek cleaners with qualities such as attention to detail, the ability to work well in a team, good communication skills, physical stamina, and a strong work ethic. Highlighting these qualities in your application can enhance your chances of being hired.
Q: How do I find cleaning jobs in the USA that offer visa sponsorship?
- *A: Utilize job search websites like Indeed, Monster, or company career pages to find cleaning jobs that explicitly mention visa sponsorship. Networking within the industry and reaching out to cleaning companies directly can also be effective in discovering such opportunities.
Q: What kind of questions can I expect in a cleaning job interview?
- A: Interview questions may cover topics such as your cleaning experience, your approach to handling challenging situations, flexibility in working hours, and your understanding of different cleaning materials and surfaces. It’s advisable to prepare for questions that showcase your skills and problem-solving abilities.*