PayPal is most likely the most popular payment processor in the United States. As a result of its rapid rise and wide reach, PayPal has also become synonymous with scams. Scammers have exploited PayPal’s ease of use to rip off unsuspecting consumers.
To avoid papal scams you need to be very careful when performing transactions with clients you’re unfamiliar with “prevention is better than cure.”
If you have already performed a transaction on your PayPal account and you’re unsure or you’ve actually been ripped off your money, here’s how to report PayPal scam.
How to Report PayPal Scam
First, go to your PayPal account.
Click the “Security” tab in your PayPal account profile.
- Click the “Security” tab in your PayPal account profile.
The “Security” tab is located on the left-hand side of your page. It’s toward the top of this section, just below “Account Settings.” You can access it by clicking on the link that reads “Profile,” or by scrolling down until you find it and then clicking on it.
Click “Report a Problem.”
- Click “Report a Problem.” You’ll see the following form:
- Select the “Report a Problem” option and click “Continue.” This will bring you to another page with details about your issue.
- At this point, it’s crucial that you provide as much relevant information as possible! Be sure to include your email address and phone number; PayPal representatives may need to reach out to you if they can’t resolve your problem over the phone. (If this happens, be patient and responsive.)
- Also, specify whether or not the scammer’s account is still active; if so, provide its username and the last four digits of its credit card number (which should be visible on their profile page).
- The more detail you can provide now will make it easier for PayPal customer service reps later on down the road!
After you’ve decided to report a scam incident, you’ll need to select the specific issue that has occurred. There are two options:
- Report identity theft
- Report other account issues (e.g., unauthorized charges or suspicious activity)
Make sure you choose the most appropriate option for your situation. Then click Continue to proceed with reporting your scam report
To report a PayPal scam, complete the resulting fields and click the “Submit” button.
Reporting PayPal scam can be done by following the steps above.
Reporting a PayPal scam can be done by following the steps above. The process to report PayPal scam is as follows:
- First, make sure you’re logged into your account. If not, log in.
- Next, click on “Profile” and select “Report Unauthorized Activity” from the drop-down menu that appears next to “Security Center”
- Report your scam issue.
- Submit your message.
Related: How to Send and Receive Money Using PayPal In 2022 ( Ultimate Guide)
We hope this article has been useful for you to report PayPal scam! Please be careful when dealing with people who ask for money and never send it via PayPal to someone who you don’t know well. If you have had any experience of being scammed in the past, please share your story with us by commenting on this post. It may help other readers avoid falling victim too!
Leave a Reply