Do you know that you have the ability to open a UBA Bank account online for yourself right now? With the help of various internet-based banking services, UBA has the ability to provide a reasonable cost to all who wish to create accounts rather than having to wait in a queue.
You can become the owner of the UBA account within a couple of minutes. All you have to do is follow these simple steps below and create a UBA account online as quickly as you can.
UBA has a vast footprint around the world, operating in over 20 African nations: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda and Zambia.
The Bank also has operations across Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States of America as well as having a an office in France.
Presently, UBA is one of the biggest financial services companies in the African continent. The bank offers SME, commercial, corporate as well as a consumer as well as personal (retail) financial services to over 25 million people offered through various channels including over 1,000 offices for business and more than 1,000 customer contact points (2,669 ATMs, 87,223 POS with a strong online banking system, smartphones, mobile and social networks, etc.).
In addition, UBA offers pension custody as well as related services. We have proven our expertise and capability in key areas of the economies of Africa particularly with respect to Oil and Gas, Infrastructure Finance, Agric and Commodity/Export. Our Africa presence makes us the preferred choice for structured solutions for key companies and government agencies operating in or into Africa.
UBA has more than 70 years of uninterrupted banking services dating back to 1949 , when the British, as well as French Bank Limited (BFB), started business in Nigeria. BFB was an affiliate of Banque Nationale de Credit (BNCI), Paris, which changed its London branch to become a different entity known as The British and French Bank, with shares owned in the hands of Banque Nationale de Credit and two British investment companies, S.G. Warburg and Company and Robert Benson and Company.
Requirements to Open UBA Account Online
Before you can start a UBA Savings account, or any other kind of online account Here is a few items you must possess:
1. Bank Verification Number (BVN)
A Bank Verification Number (BVN) is an 11-digit code given to customers of banks from Nigeria from the Central Bank of Nigeria as an identity verification method.
In Nigeria, each bank customer is required to sign up to do so either prior to or right after opening an account at any bank in the country.
You must sign up with this BVN just once a holder of an account and then link each of your accounts (existing as well as new) by using that same code.
2. A Valid Method of Identification
If you do not already have a BVN You will be required to present an acceptable way of identifying yourself when you open a UBA Savings or Diaspora account online.
You will be requested to upload a scanned image of the ID method.
The acceptable identification methods used in Nigerian banks are The National ID Card, Permanent Voters Card (PVC), Drivers Licence and International Passport.
3. Passport Photograph
You’ll be asked to upload a scanned image of your current passport photo to the account opening engine of your bank.
4. Utility Bill
A scanned copy of your electricity or water bill is required for opening banks in Nigeria.
5. Email and Phone Number
An active email address and phone number are also necessary for contact purposes. This is where you’ll always receive notification of any transactions you make through your account.
The address at which you’ll be required to enter must be exactly the same as the address you see on your bill for utilities.
This is an essential account for the UBA Savings account Current account, UBA Savings account, or any other type of account.
7. Personal Information
Additionally, you will be required to supply your personal details including your full name and birth date of birth, mother’s maiden name, and so on.
How to Open UBA Account Online
- Go to the UBA official website on the internet at www.ubagroup.com
- After having looked over all account options starting with the first one on the list, click to “Open New Account”. Another similar page appears for you to click “Open New Account Now”.
- A different page appears asking if you already have an account. You must click “No, I don’t have UBA account”
- Fill in all your needed details and data in the following page. Be sure to not forget every action you are taking so as not to miss any important information.
- The country is already automatically selected , so take note of this because you’re currently in Nigeria.
- Following that, you need selecting your branch’s location, whether the city or state that you are able to easily be able to complete the entire process.
- Select the kind of account that you would like to use. It could be gold, visa or employee account.
- After reading, you should have read the entire document to prove that the information is accurate. (i would advise you to print the entire page). After that, you’ll be able to submit.
- Click ” Submit “. Now , after submitting the UBA open account online form (using the steps previously mentioned) you must proceed to step 2 in which you’ll need to sign in into your Email accounts.
- After 5 minutes, check your email, and extract the link from your email inbox or spam box. Then, paste it into your address bar in your browser and forward it to open the last link in step 3.
- In your inbox , you’ll can choose between two options either click the hyperlink ” CLICK HERE” or copy the URL and paste it into the address bar of your web browser.
- If it’s been opened, all you need to do is ” TICK” the box that says “agree to terms and conditions”.
- Proceed to submit.
- It is then to have to alter the password you use. Click on your password field, then enter an alternate password that you are able to remember easily with 8 characters, and then re-enter your password in order to validate. You must enter your password to secure, and answer, save.
- From here, you can proceed to fill in all of your personal details as well as follow instructions on screen that you’ll see to finish off the entire process.
- You can then at this point verify your Username and application tracker numbers, account number e.t.c.
How to Open UBA Account Online Without BVN
1. Log in via www.aop.ubagroup.com on your device.
2. Select “Open a UBA Savings account now” in case you are currently within Nigeria and “UBA Diaspora account” if you live outside of the country.
3. On the next page, choose “I don’t have a BVN” to access the form for people who don’t have a BVN.
4. Upload your most recent Passport photo
5. Input the name of your address and telephone number, and other details about yourself in the space you’ll need on the form to sign up.
6. Select “Submit” and follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the registration and obtain your account number.
Congrats, your UBA Savings account is ready!
How to Open UBA Salary Account Online
Follow the steps listed below to create a UBA Salary account online in Nigeria:
1. Open your web browser and visit the official UBA salary account opening page here: https://www.ubagroup.com/nigeria/personal-banking/accounts/salary-account/
2,. Then, click “Open Account”
3. The next page will let you choose your “Country” and click “Submit”
4. Select “Open without BVN” if you don’t have one. You can also choose “Open with BVN” if you already have it.
5. A form online is available for you to fill in.
6. Complete the form by filling in the correct information, such as your address, telephone number, email address, and many more.
7. Make sure you check the process again to ensure that you’ve entered the correct information in the right field.
8. Click “Browse” to upload a passport-sized photo of you.
9. Accept their terms and conditions.
10. Then, click “Submit”.
11. The UBA account team will examine your request, and if it is approved, your account for salary will be in place within a few hours.
This is How to Open UBA Account Online.
UBA Customer Service, Support, Phone
Kindly direct all complaints & enquiries to our team of competent executives for prompt assistance.
General Enquiries & Complaints?
Do you have a complaint or require assistance for a transaction? Kindly call any of contact service numbers or fill the form below. All enquiries, complaints and feedbacks will be treated by our efficient executives.
UBA Head Office Address
57, Marina, Lagos Island
UBA Nigeria Contact Numbers (CFC)
(+234) 01-2808822 (2808UBA)
(+234) 07002255-822 (0700-CALL-UBA)
- How do I sign up/register to use Internet Banking?
There are flexible options for enrollment/registration. These include:
- Quick Self-Registration using the debit card you have, customers can begin and complete registration from the Internet Banking login page ibank.ubagroup.com by clicking the Instant Self-Registration button. It will take about 40 minutes to complete the procedure!
- Enrollment using the Virtual Enrollment Formula Additionally, there is an alternative for individuals as well as corporations to join the PDF forms online that can be used interactively. The forms’ links can be found below:
- Enrollment at one of our Business Offices You can visit the Business Offices to fill out a application to join Internet Banking. Corporate customers can also send instructions on their letterheads for RMs as well as Business Offices, to sign up the desired users. There is no limit on the number of users that are enrolled under the corporate user
2. I want to know more about what Internet Banking has to offer. How can I go about it?
Please click the link Internet Banking Quick Guide for more info. If you need further assistance, kindly contact [email protected]
3. How can I access Internet Banking? Is it available as a downloadable app to phones?
Internet Banking can be accessed from any internet-enabled devices – computer, laptop, smartphones etc. via https://ibank.ubagroup.com. For ease of access and use, you can download Internet Banking apps from stores.
4. How secure is the Internet Banking platform and how can I further secure my profile?
Our Internet Banking is very secure, we have gone to a great extent to protect you and your funds when using Internet Banking, you have two-level authentication (password + token) available each time you transact on Internet Banking, we have also introduced an Image and Phrase Security feature to guard against phished site. In Addition, there’s a virtual keyboard for use on open networks and public spaces so that key loggers will not capture your details.
Internet Banking is protected with the best-in-class security technology. To further protect your profile, do not share your credentials with anyone, do not click on any suspicious link, when you are in doubt, always contact [email protected]