A Little About Capitec app
What is the Capitec app?
The Capitec app is a mobile banking app that allows you to do online banking, manage your accounts and transfer funds on your smartphone.
There are many benefits of using the Capitec app including:
- You can access your credit card account and check the information about it in real time through the app. You can also view recent transactions and payments made from this account.
- The mobile banking service allows you to set up alerts for specific transactions so that you’ll receive notifications once they happen on your behalf. This means that if someone makes a payment into one of your accounts, then an alert will be sent to let you know about it straight away rather than having to wait until later in the day when online statements are available online or via SMS text message updates (if these are enabled).
Is the Capitec app safe?
With the Capitec app, you can do all your banking on the go. You can make payments, check your balances, review transactions and much more from your smartphone.
Safety is of paramount importance when it comes to banking apps and the Capitec mobile app is no exception. It uses strong encryption technology to protect all data sent over secure channels.
How to install the Capitec app on an iPhone or Android?
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple Store on your phone and search for Capitec.
- Install the app and sign in with your existing credentials (email address and password).
- If you have an existing card, enter its number by tapping on “Add new card” or “Existing cards” at the top of this screen (if you don’t yet have a Capitec card, first choose one from these options).
- Your details will be displayed so that you can confirm them before continuing with registration – if there are any issues with submitting this information please email them. You should now see your cards displayed in the app, ready to use!
What’s the difference between the Capitec app and Internet banking?
The main difference between the Capitec app and Internet banking is the device you use to access your account. The Capitec app is available for both Android and iOS devices, whereas internet banking is only for use on desktop or laptop computers.
The convenience of having immediate access to your finances from anywhere at any time is what makes the Capitec App so popular with our customers. With internet banking, you need to be in front of a computer and have access to a Wi-Fi network or public hotspot if you are not at home.
This means that when away from home, such as when traveling on holiday overseas or even just going out for lunch at work – it can be very inconvenient if your bank does not have an ATM close by (or even one nearby). In contrast, the Capitec App allows its users full freedom in terms of where they want their money – whether they are at home or out roaming around town!
The Capitec app is convenient and secure.
The Capitec app is convenient and secure. It’s available on the App Store, so you can download it in just a few taps. Once you install the app, you’ll be able to use it from anywhere and at any time—without having to worry about your card getting stolen or lost.
You can also make payments from anywhere using your phone; there’s no need for you to go through an ATM machine every time you want to transfer money or pay someone back. You can also check your balance and limits using this app, which makes it easy for you to keep track of your finances when they’re right in front of your face!
To send money using the Capitec App, you need to:
The Capitec app is a great way to send money to other Capitec members, or to anyone with a Standard Bank account.
- Open the Capitec app and log in using your username and password.
- Select ‘Money’.
- Choose the amount you want to send and select ‘Send Money.
- Enter the recipient’s name and choose whether you want to transfer funds into their account or deposit it into their bank account directly.
- Enter the bank account details of your recipient (if applicable). If you are sending money from another Capitec member, enter their username as opposed to their account number, EFTPOS card number, or BSB & account number.
How to Send Money Using Capitec App
- Tap button “Transact”
- Tap Send cash and enter your Remote PIN
- Tap the button to send cash
- Choose “From” account
- Enter the amount you want to send
- Create a 4-digit secret code (this will be used to collect the cash )
- Tap Next
- Read the terms and conditions, tick the boxes and tap Accept
- Tap Yes to confirm transaction
- You’ll receive an SMS with the reference number – send it to the recipient
- Send the secret code to the recipient in a separate message form.