Avant Credit Card; Those seeking an affordable alternative to a credit-building card that does not require them to make a deposit will find the Avant Credit Card to be an affordable alternative. It has a moderate annual cost and the potential to earn a higher-than-average starting credit limit.
Benefits of The Avant Credit Card
- No deposit required
- Reports to all three major credit bureaus
- No penalty APR
- No hidden fees
- Late Fee up to $39
- We may periodically review your account for credit line increases
- Fast and easy application process
- Help strengthen your credit history with responsible use
- Zero fraud liability for unauthorized charges
- Conveniently pay your card through our online portal, 24/7
- Get Mastercard® ID Theft Protection by Mastercard
- Disclosure: If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $1.00. Cash Advance Fee 3%, Min: $10
- Avant branded credit products are issued by WebBank, member FDIC
Approval chances for The Avant Credit Card
The Avant card is designed for people who have a fair or average credit score (FICO 580-669), however, a score in that range does not ensure approval.
You may find out if you’re preapproved for the Avant card by visiting the issuer’s website or using CardMatch. This just takes a soft draw of your credit report and will have no effect on your credit score (a “hard pull” will only be required if you file a formal application, which will temporarily drop your score).
Though getting preapproved this manner – or receiving a prescreened card offer from Avant – isn’t a guarantee of approval, it should help you feel more confident about your chances.
One of the biggest benefits of the method is that the card provides rapid approval, with Avant guaranteeing to make a decision in as little as 60 seconds. Keep in mind that fast approval isn’t the same as instant use; you’ll have to wait for your Avant card to come in the mail before you can use the number. If you apply for an Avant card outside of CreditCards.com, your annual fee and APR may be different.
Benefits of an Avant credit card
Given that the Avant card is aimed at people with bad credit, it’s no surprise that it has limited benefits.
The card’s most significant benefit, aside from its low cost, $0 deposit requirement, reasonable credit limit range, and usual amenities like 0% fraud liability, is its lack of foreign transaction fees.
While many cards, including some of the best credit cards on the market, levy a 3% fee for every purchase made outside of the United States, the Avant card does not. Because the Avant card is also a Mastercard credit card, it is widely accepted around the world.
However, a number of cards available at this credit level outperform the Avant card in terms of perks, such as cashback on part or all of your purchases, which might help to justify their cost.
For a $39 annual fee, the Credit One Bank American Express® Card offers 1% cashback on all purchases, a $500 minimum credit limit, and perks such as auto rental insurance, travel accident insurance, purchase and return protection, and extended warranty coverage.
While developing credit should be your top priority at this point, the Avant card’s long-term worth will be limited due to the lack of these types of benefits.
How to login and Register for the Avant credit card
- Visit their login web page here and sign up
- Fill in your names, date of birth, and social security number
- Accept their terms and conditions
- Move to the next page and fill out your address and payment details.
How to use the Avant Credit Card
- Use your card for small purchases you can pay off each month to keep your credit utilization low.
- After you’ve used the card responsibly for several months, contact the issuer to see if you can be considered for a credit line increase.
- Use the card overseas to take advantage of its 0% foreign transaction fees.
- Monitor your credit score and consider applying for a better card when you get closer to the “good” credit level (a FICO score of 670 to 739).